||Process and Objective
||Who is responsible
||Block level Project & Participatory Micro planning Process (PMP) Familiarization
||1. Familiarization and sensitization of concerned representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs), Block level functionaries of the concerned Line Departments (LD), Research institutions, representatives of ongoing Govt./ NGO implemented projects in the area, Group organizer (GO) and Watershed Development Coordinator (WDC).
2. Formation of Block Level Expert committee (BLEC) comprising of Heads of concerned LDs at Block level to be coordinated by the BDO, Deputy Director and Assistant Director (AD) of concerned Area Office of the Project.
3. Identification of Panchayat level GDST comprising of Panchayat level officials of line departments.
4. BLEC requested to provide relevant maps and secondary data and detailed information on various GoHP and GoI Schemes relevant to the Panchayat.
|1. Concerned stakeholders sensitized on the purpose, process and outputs of the Panchayat level Participatory Micro Planning (PMP) process.
2. Block level expert Committee (BLEC) formed.
3. Panchayat level Group Development Support Team formed
4. BLEC to arrange and provide within 15 days time schedule, a folder consisting of all the required information about the Pilot Panchayat to GDST members as formed.
|PIU/Deputy Directors of Area Offices
||Training of;GDST (AD, AEO, VEO, HEO, WDC & GO)
||Training of GDST members on the purpose, methodology and the outputs of the PMP process.
||GDST members trained on their responsibilities.
||Deputy Directors of Area Offices
||1st special extended meeting of GP (at least 15 days prior to the Gram Sabha meeting). To be attended by representatives of Gram Panchayat, CBOs, Zila Parishad & Panchayat Samiti Members and GDST
||1. Panchayat level Familiarization in PMP and preparation for next Gram Sabha Meeting.
2. 4 resolutions to be passed by the GP namely regarding;
a. Initiation of the PMP process by the GP
b.Requesting the Line departments at the Block/Panchayat level for co-operation in the PMP process.
c. Some specified expenses for the process to be met out of Panchayat’s own funds.
d.To decide the dates of meetings for Up Gram Sabhas
|Local CBOs and GDST members and Panchayat members
to generate awareness building on the objectives of the PMP process before the next Gram Sabha meeting.
||Awareness building; forming common opinion on PMP process and preparing for the forthcoming meeting of the Gram Sabha.
||Community Based Organizations sensitized in Panchayat Level Participatory Micro Planning
||GDST , CBOs & Deputy Directors /ADs of Area Offices
||First Up Gram Sabha at ward level
||1. Familiarization of the Up Gram Sabha members to the purpose, process and outputs of the PMP process.
2. Discussions on the merits of the process and the responsibilities of the Up Gram Sabha members in the planning process.
3. Formation of Ward Yojna Dal (WYD) having a representation of all hamlets, all sections of the village society and active members of local CBOs.
4. Nomination of 15% of total households in the ward to represent the ward in the Gram Sabha meeting.
|1. Up Gram Sabha familiarized in PPMP Process.
2. WYD formed with clear roles and responsibilities.
3. 15 % representatives of the ward for Gram Sabha meeting nominated and listed.
| Ward member to be facilitated by GDST
|| First Gram Sabha meeting.(Quorum: At least 15% of total households from each ward as nominated in Up Gram Sabha
||1. Familiarization of the Gram Sabha members on the purpose, process and outputs of the PMP process.
2. Passing of the resolutions as adopted in the special extended meeting of Gram Panchayat (Sr.No.3) by the house.
|1. Gram sabha Familiarized in PMP
2. Resolutions as passed in No 3 ratified by GS
| Panchayat Pradhan, GDST
First Training of Ward Yojna Dal.
|WYD trained in;
A. Collection of primary Social and Economic data and Social concerns
1 . Use of information from secondary data
2. Facilitation techniques for Panchayat micro planning.
B. Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA) techniques
1. situational analysis of Natural Resources
2.use of cadastral maps
3. Resource and social mapping
4. Natural Resource related problem identification and suggested solutions and User Group Identification
5. Identification of new infrastructural development needs.
C. Social issues related problems and solutions.
Ward Yojna Dal trained in :
1. Social economic survey
2. Facilitation techniques
3. Use of secondary data for Panchayat Micro Planning.
1. Participatory processes
2. Resource analysis.
C. Social issues
|| WYD to;A. Collect of Primary/ baseline dataB. conduct Village walk and RRAC. Hamlet level meetings
Ward Yojna Dal to conduct:
1. hamlet wise meetings with the residents
2. house hold surveys,
3. meetings with the CBOs
4. Meetings with the existing Panchayat level welfare / development institutions (e.g. Health sub center, schools, veterinary dispensary, patwarkhana etc).
1. Identification and mapping of natural resources & livelihood dependence on them and estimation of their quantum
2. User Group identification
3. Problem identification and proposed solutions
4. Identification of potential resources with respect to livelihoods.
1. identification of problems
2. suggested solutions and likely interventions
|Information collected and collated in the Ward Planning work book on:
1. Primary house hold level Socio-economic data.
2. Village infrastructural data.
3. Information about CBOs, their functioning, problems and potentials.
4. Welfare services available and shortcomings therein.
5. Information about individual beneficiaries of welfare schemes.
6. Social and Resource maps prepared
7. Relevant entries in the Ward Planning work book filled.
8. Social issues and their suggested solutions highlighted
9. Relevant entries in the Ward Planning Workbook made
|| Second Up- Gram Sabha
||1. For sharing of information collated and presentation of micro planning activities thus far.
2. User groups (UGs) and self-help groups (SHG) formed based on common issues/ resource dependence.
3. Schedule for forthcoming village transects (Techno-economic feasibility with GDST) discussed
|1. Verification of information generated through surveys and meetings.
2. Formation of user groups and self help groups.
3. Transect schedule finalize
| WYD and GDST
|| Last training of WYD
|| WYD trained in ;
1. Sector wise transects, problem prioritization & collation
2. Formation of Panchayat Development Committee (PDC) and
3. Panchayt Development Maintenance Fund (PDMF)
|1. WYD training completed
|| PIU and GDST
||Preparation of draft ward development plan
||1. Transect walk as per schedule in the ward
2. Incorporation of technical inputs in the solutions in the draft ward plan.
|1. Draft ward development plan ready
||WYD and GDST
||Third Up Gram Sabha meeting
|| Up Gram Sabha meeting for ;
1. Sharing of the outcome of the process thus far.
2. Additions and alterations to the findings.
3. Prioritization of problems.
4. Approval of the draft Ward Development Plan by Up Gram Sabha.
5. Dissolution of WYD.
6. Formation of Panchayat Development Committee (PDC) comprising of active members of WYD, representatives of SHGs and the ward member.
7. Formation of PDMF for maintenance of assets.
|1. Ward Development Plan (WDP) approved.
2. PDC formed complete with Office Bearers
3. Panchayat Development Maintenance Fund (PDMF) established and account opened in a Bank/ Post office
| WYD, WDC & GO (Supported by ward member )
||Training of PDC
||Training Ward Development Committee in:
1. Preparation for the Panchayat Development Seminar for preparation of draft Panchayat development plan.
2. Registration under Society Act.
3. Keeping of Accounts of the Society.
| PDC trained in:
1. Preparation of draft Panchayat development plan.
2. Registering ProcessAccounts keeping
|GDST, Panchayati Raj
|| Panchayat Development Seminar (PDS) with PDCs, BLEC, GP members & SHGs
||1. Identification and negotiation of inter ward issues and their solutions.
2. Prioritization of Panchayat level activities.
3. Preparation of Draft Panchayat Development Plan (DPDP).
|1. Panchayat level activities prioritized and Draft Panchayat Development Plan (DPDP) prepared.
||Pradhan GP with all PDC members, BLEC
||Fourth Up Gram Sabha
||For sharing the outcomes of the PDS and the DPDP
|| Approval of the DPDP with respect to ward.
||Ward member, PDC, WDCs& GO
||Second Gram Sabha meeting.
||1. Presentation of the DPDP by the GP Pradhan.
2. Approval of the PDP.
3. Passing resolution
|1. Final Panchayat Development Plan (PDP) ready.
||Pradhan GP, WDC, SHGs & GDST